Wednesday, March 5, 2008

DIY: How a Little Understanding can go a Long way for your Pocket

Great article about the advantages of DIY (do it yourself) projects and why people value things as so disposable in today's society.

"Why am I so inept? I used to do projects like this all the time when I was a kid. But in high school, I was carefully diverted from shop class when the administration decided I was college-bound. I stopped working with my hands and have barely touched a tool since."

As an avid DIYer, I love this article and encourage everyone to try a DIY at least once. It's always a fun (and frustrating) experience for those Sunday afternoons.

"If you can't get under the hood of the gadgets you buy, you're far more liable to believe the marketing hype of the corporations that sell them. When things break, you toss them and buy new ones; you accept your role as a mere consumer. 'I think it makes you more passive as an individual,' "

Full article at wired.com

DIY Websites:
instructables
makezine (Pay site :s)

Stay tuned for my DIY Modern Digital Picture Frame instructable.

No comments: