Wednesday, April 16, 2008

What's in your Water?

A little more on the 'save the earth' thread; I just saw a tv spot for thinkwater.ca and couldn't agree more. We really waste a lot of water, especially in our consumerist society of North America.
I was a big fan of the 2 flush button toilets when I was in Europe. Essentially, one for brown, one for yellow. Self explanatory.

Here's a great spot on bottled water.
I must admit, I turn to the bottle once in a while, but it started when the water that came out of my student house was brown.... I just couldn't go back to tap. But it was mostly for grabbing a bottle on my way out (convenience, I know, weak excuse).
And to think, I loved drinking from the hose when I was a kid in the summer.


Best Line "A dollar fifty for half a litre, that's $3/litre. Would you ever buy gas for $3/litre? "

Really comes down to the same argument with all these conservation things. If everyone just thinks about what they do, and doesn't needlessly waste, we're already be much better off.

Ok, I'll get off my soapbox.
Cheers.

No comments: